Get Flocced - ACT - 2021
Date: Thursday 13th May 2021
Time: 9am - 3pm
Venue: The Link. 1 McClymont Way, Strathnairn. ACT
PDH credits: 4
Cost: IECA members $99, non-members $149
IECA Australasia with the support of EPA ACT will be holding a Get Flocced workshop on Thursday 13th May 2021.
The workshop will comprise of a morning theory session looking at sediment basin design and operation, the coagulation and flocculation process for dirty water treatment and provide guidance and a process for product and dosing system selection for use with sediment basins. Participants will get to see how jar testing is undertaken to select products and to determine dosing rates.
After lunch we will move out into the field to inspect a mini High Efficiency Sediment Basin with a flow activated dosing system. This will give participants the opportunity to learn how to operate sediment basins on construction sites to meet Australian (ANZECC), ACT and Council water quality requirements for pH, Total Suspended Solids (TSS), Turbidity and Electrical Conductivity (EC).
- Which chemical is best for your site?
- Are you confident to “clean” sediment-laden water captured in your site’s sediment basin before release to comply with the rules and prevent fines?
- Do you know the difference between a flocculant and a coagulant?
- Do you know what to use, how and why to use flocculants?
- Learn about automatic dosing and Type A and Type B sediment basins.
- Learn about eco-toxicity and safety considerations for using various chemicals to treat stormwater.
- Learn about various flocculants and coagulants on the market, their pros and cons, and observe demonstrations (how to use each, plus common mistakes).
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the above topics. We invite participants to bring their own soil sample (minimum 500g) to be used for jar testing.
Who should attend?
- Supervisors, Foremen and Leading Hands
- HSE managers and staff
- Environmental managers and coordinators
- Project and site engineers
- Planning and assessment staff
- Managers and directors.
The session will include presentations from Michael Frankcombe, Associate Director – EMM Consulting and Director, IECA Australasia and Butch Uechtritz, Managing Director of Turbid Water Solutions. All presenters have a long history with the ESC industry and are passionate about educating the community in best practice to minimise the detrimental impacts from stormwater runoff.
Morning tea and lunch is included. Places are strictly limited so book early to avoid disappointment!
In delivering this event, IECA Australasia gratefully acknowledges the support of EPA ACT, Vital Chemical and Complete Turf and Landscaping.
13th May 21
Registrations Open 15th Apr 21 12:00 AM
Registrations Close 12th May 21 11:59 PM
Cost IECA member $99, IECA non-member $149
Places Available 3Back to Events